The Annual International Conference of the Mexican Computer Science SocietyMorelia, México October 30 – november 01, 2013 IMPORTANT DATES Paper Submissions Due: June 3, 2013 Notification of Acceptance: July 1, 2013 Camera Ready Versions Due: July 19, 2013 Author Registration Deadline: July 19, 2013 Early Registration Deadline: August 30, 2013
The Mexican Computer Science Society organizes a yearly meeting gathering researchers, students, educators and industry leaders. This year the meeting consist in a single-track conference and other satellite events such as workshops, tutorials, doctoral consortium and student activities.
The international conference is single-track featuring hot topics for the Mexican research community.
The conference welcomes contributions in current trends in computer science, including, but not limited to:
- Software engineering techniques and methodologies: agile software techniques, software processes and modeling, software architectures, quality and metrics, programming paradigms (objects, components, services), autonomic systems.
- Data management and exploitation: distributed databases, stream management systems, sensor based networks and databases, multimedia data retrieval and management, natural language processing, database tuning, data mining, information visualization, information retrieval, P2P systems.
- Distributed systems: middleware services, Web engineering, ubiquitous and mobile distributed computing, grid computing, collaborative computing, large-scale distributed systems, workflow management.
- Algorithmics and theory: distributed algorithms, parallel computing, evolutionary algorithms, model checking, modal logic, incomplete reasoning.
- Human computer interaction: adaptive interfaces, evaluation methods, HCI for mobile and ubiquitous computing, intelligent user interfaces, interfaces for people with disabilities, multimodal interfaces, usability engineering, user modeling and personalization, virtual and augmented reality.
FORMATS FOR PRESENTATIONS
ENC standard contributions will be peer reviewed by a program committee.
Contributions should be original, unpublished work. We especially encourage ongoing research being carried out in masters and doctoral projects.
In addition to the standard presentations, this year the conference will feature invited talks from renowned mexican researchers. The invited talks will present current trends in mexican research by presenting to a wider audience recent results already published in archival form during 2012, these talks will not be included in the proceedings.
ENC 2013 Conference proceedings will be published by IEEE Press (pending approval)
KEYNOTE SPEAKERSAdolfo Guzman Arenas, CIC-IPN, México Patricia Melin, Instituto Tecnológico de Tijuana Paul Dourish, UC-Irvine, USA
ENC 2013 Conference proceedings will be published by IEEE Press.
Information on how to submit can be found in the submission guidelines and will be handled online via EasyChair
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE CHAIRS
Edgar L. Chávez, U. Michoacana/ UNAM, México
J. Antonio García-Macías, CICESE, MéxicoPROGRAM COMMITTEE Rosa Arriaga, Georgia Institute of Technology Ramón Brena, Tec de Monterrey – Mty César Cárdenas, Tec de Monterrey – Qro Oscar Castillo, IT Tijuana Fernando Esponda, ITAM Jesús Favela, CICESE Alexander Gelbukh, CIC-IPN Víctor González y González, ITAM Ángel Kuri, ITAM Arturo Hernandez-Aguirre, CIMAT Francisco Martínez, INAOE Patricia Melin, IT Tijuana Rolando Menchaca, CIC-IPN Raul Monroy, Tec de Monterrey – Mex Eduardo Morales, INAOE Angelica Muñoz-Meléndez, INAOE Héctor Pérez-Meana, IPN Volodymyr Ponomaryov, IPN, ESIME-Culhuacán Sergio Rajsbaum, Inst de Matematicas, UNAM Mariano Rivera, CIMAT Francisco Rodríguez Henríquez, CINVESTAV-IPN David Romero, Inst de Matemáticas, UNAM Claudia Roncancio, INPG Francisco Sánchez-Marín, CIO Arturo Serrano, CICESE Leonid Sheremetov, Inst Mexicano del Petroleo Grigori Sidorov, CIC-IPN Ricardo Sosa, Singapore Univ of Tech and Design Mónica Tentori, CICESE Johan Van Horebeek, CIMAT ***Información proporcionada por el Dr. Rolando Menchaca***